Question regarding Website design and Web development.
- How much does it cost to design a web site?
- How much do you charge for web site design?
- What types of web sites can you design?
- How can I view my web site design as it is in progress?
- How many changes can I make to the web site once I view the first design template?
- What tips can you give me for designing a web site?
- What other design services can you provide to supplement our web site design?
- Do you provide hosting services in addition to designing web sites?
- Will you do domain name registration?
- What is your payment plan for web site design?
How much a site costs to design depends on a number of factors:
- number of pages on the site
- types and number of graphic images on the site
- web copywriting
- online marketing
A web page without any high-level programming or search engine optimization generally costs between $100 to $300 per page.
Effects Multimedia generally charges $85 per hour for HTML coding and web graphics design. Additional charges are made for use of stock photography, search engine optimization, and file compression.
Before we send you a design contract, we provide you with an estimate for the amount of time it usually takes to complete a design project. Please keep in mind that it is an estimate. We have completed multiple design projects that fell below the estimated time. Clients only pay for the time taken to complete a design project.
We have designed all types of sites, ranging from simple brochure-type web sites to e-commerce sites. Effects Multimedia is often outsourced to other design and marketing firms for individual, specialized services.
We can put your web site design templates in a directory on our web server so you can view the final product before it goes live. Or we can put the web site on your server. Whichever you prefer.
You can make as many changes as you wish to the design template as you wish. We encourage clients to give plenty of feedback so that we can get the design template(s) established as soon as possible.
However, Effects Multimedia charges on an hourly basis. If you request too many changes to your site design, or if you change a design template after the entire site has been formatted with the template, you will incur more charges.
Effects Multimedia follows 5 Basic Rules of Web Design. All web sites should be:
- easy to read
- easy to navigate
- easy to find
- consistent in layout and design, and
- quick to download.
We have a Design Tips section on our site to help you develop an effective web site.
We offer a full range of graphic design services for both the print and the web including:
- logo design
- banner design
- search engine marketing for web sites
- directory submission for web sites
No, we do not offer hosting services because we believe that every web site has different hosting needs. We recommend various web hosts based on the type of web site you need.
Yes, if you would like domain name registration as a part of your design contract, we will be happy to do that for you.
For first-time clients and for jobs with a quote of under $500, payment in full is required. For projects with a quote between $500-$5,000, payment in half is required along with a signed contract for beginning work, with the remaining half due upon completion of the project. For projects over $5,000, an initial payment representing one-third of the estimated total fee is required along with a signed contract. The second one-third is billable upon the halfway point or second phase of the project, with the final third due upon completion of the project. Regular clients are sent monthly invoices notifying payment within 30 days.